Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Weekend of New York Fashion Week


I finally get to post about my experience at New York Fashion Week this past weekend! It was amazing. Just being in the atmosphere of fashion in one of the fashion capitals, NY! It was a great experience; the city, hotel, people, clothes, models, designers, hair and makeup artists, and even the weather (which was extremely cold!) I got to dress up and show off my personal style and be around other very stylish people. I just love being around people who have great taste in fashion and love to show it off.


I am in this club called Styleline at my school, Philadelphia University, which is our school's fashion publication club. The group focuses on creating a campus publication that features different blogs on topics pertaining to fashion and anything interesting about around campus or in the city of Philadelphia. Being in this club allowed me to participate in this lovely event, NYFW, and it was phenomenal! We worked as volunteers during the shows Friday thru Sunday. There were dressers, ushers/security, social media press, goodie bag fillers, production assistants, and general helpers wherever they were needed. I personally was the social media press, taking pictures and posting on Instagram. There were about eight of us that worked in social media, so they had us do live feed by taking pictures and posting throughout the day as the events were going on. If you were posting for twitter, you would have been posting your thoughts and what was actually going on constantly throughout the day. The goal was to have at least 3,000 posts for the entire weekend. We definitely exceeded that goal by a little over 700 posts.

I met so many people networking through that weekend. I met a wide range of people with many different personalities. I met a few bloggers, designers, photographers, and other students. Also I gained a ton of new followers on Instagram from this event because of the pictures I was taking, which is also great because I could possibly have a connection with those people later on as well.

The overall experience was just great. No matter how many times I say that, I still can't express how much I enjoyed myself. This is the type of stuff I want to continue to do as I develop and follow the path into my future career. I want to continue to network and build bridges with many different people so I can always learn something new and gain opportunities from all over the fashion industry and even outside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment